5 Reasons Why Fall is the Perfect Time to Travel
When you think of Fall, you probably think of football, the leaves changing colors, and everything pumpkin spice. But did you know it’s also the perfect time to travel?
Here are five reasons why you should be thinking about booking a vacation in Fall.
1. The weather is perfect. Not too hot or cold, you’ll be able to explore all day without breaking a sweat. You also won’t have to worry about packing bulky sweaters or coats. It’s a win-win situation.
2. There are fewer crowds. While children head back to school and crowds go back to work, the savvy traveler is just getting started. You won't have to worry about getting dinner reservations, standing in lines, or trying to get a picture without other people in the background.
3. The scenery is spectacular. Take a road trip, stay in a cabin in the woods, or stay in a charming village where you can marvel at Mother Nature’s handiwork.
4. There are so many fantastic festivals. Choose between epic celebrations or small fairs. Some of our favorites are Oktoberfest, Día De Los Muertos, and the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. Harvest and wine festivals are also abundant.
5. You will get an authentic travel experience. Locals appreciate fall travelers in a way that is different from other seasons. With the summer crowds gone, local store owners and restauranteurs are able to provide service at a peaceful pace. Instead of trying to turn tables over quickly, meals become leisurely and enjoyable.
While all these are great reasons to travel in the fall, the most compelling may be price. Known as the shoulder season, fall travel is less expensive than traveling in the summer or other times of year. Airfare, hotels, train tickets, and even food and drink, are all available at cheaper rates.
The next time you’re planning on packing your bags, think Fall- the perfect season to travel.
Ready to book your next getaway? Schedule your complimentary consultation today!